Performance Trends Inc
Producing Quality Computer Tools for Racers and Engine Builders since 1986
Re: Performance Trends Newsletter (updates)
To: Visitors to Performance Trends Website
1) Photos of DataMite III USB Packages Several people have asked exactly what comes with our DataMite III USB packages. We figured the best way to answer the question was with pictures. We've just added pictures to the website of the Sportsman Drag Racing Package for $999 and 2 pictures of our Road Race/Circle Track packages.
IMPORTANT: The DataMite III USB has just obtained official NHRA Acceptance for NHRA classes which allow data loggers.
Click the pictures below for more info on these packages.
"NHRA Accepted" Sportsman Drag Race System for $999
Basic Road Race/Circle Track System with GPS for $949
Suspension Tuner Road Race/Circle Track System with GPS for $3443
DataMite III USB systems make great data loggers for:
Click on each category for more information. Click here for pricing. Systems start at $699.
2) 4 Link Calculator Plus Version Bugs Fixed In February's newsletter we announced the new Plus version of our popular 4 Link Calculator. Well as typically happens, the first couple of owners found a couple of bugs we missed. We had these fixed about 2 days after the program was released. If you own the Plus version, click on Help at the top of the main screen, then About 4 Link Calculator. Make sure your version says 2.0 A.020. If it is older than this, download the latest version by reinstalling the complete program from this link: http://www.performancetrends.com/download.htm#4link If you have not purchased the Plus version, there is no significant reason to update to 2.0 A.020.
Just to refresh your memory, the Plus version adds the following features:
We've also update the standard program to allow for faster and slower ETs and heavier and lighter vehicle weights to be used to obtain Dave Morgan's suggestion starting point for your 4 Link settings. We also added a Calculation utility to calculate 1/4 mile ET from 1/8 mile ET if you are running eighth mile drags (not mentioned in February's newsletter).
The Plus Version is $129.95 compared to the standard version's $79.95, a $50 price difference. If you already own the 4 Link Calculator, you can add the Plus features for $60. Note that if you purchase the 4 Link Calculator new, you save $10 going right to the Plus version, and not buying the Standard Version and then upgrading to the Plus Version later.
You can review all the updates for the 4 Link Calculator from the program's Readme.doc file at this link: http://www.performancetrends.com/text-files/4L-Readme.doc
You can review all this program's features at: http://www.performancetrends.com/4link.htm
You can download the latest version by reinstalling the complete program from this link: http://www.performancetrends.com/download.htm#4link
Important: After you download and install the demo, you can unlock this latest version yourself. Just be sure to use exactly the same Registered Name when you install this new version and then the same unlock number will unlock the update. You can view your Reg Name by clicking on Reg To: at the top of the main screen on your current version, before you download and install the new version.
If you want to upgrade to the Plus version, call with your credit card and get your additional Unlock Code to add the Plus features. You will click on File, then Unlock Plus Features to enter this code.
3) Minor Updates for Suspension Analyzer v2.0 The Suspension Analyzer has an advanced version we don't promote very much, because it has features very few amateur racers request. It is called the "Suspension Analyzer Full Vehicle with Data Logger" version we developed for some of our NASCAR and Busch customers. Click here to view list of its features that we just added to the Suspension Analyzer page. The price is $599, or a $200 add on if you already own the Suspension Analyzer Full Vehicle version.
One of the recent features we added is the "Ball Joint Wizard", which lets you exactly identify where the center of the ball joint is located. This calculation is based on type of ball joint (or custom from your specs), installation angle, and install location of some point easily measured point (like grease fitting or tip of stud). See the Figure below.
If you already own the "Suspension Analyzer Full Vehicle with Data Logger v2.0" version of this program, click on Help at the top of the main screen, then About..... If the complete version number (printed in blue) is 2.0 A.032, you have the latest version. If you want the latest version, download and install this FREE update from this link: http://www.performancetrends.com/download.htm#sa When asked, do just a Refresh installation. Then the program should not ask you to unlock it again. If you make a mistake or have problems, call us at 248-473-9230 to help you correct it.
If you already own any v2.0 of "Suspension Analyzer" and want to add these features, follow the instructions above and call us to purchase the updating code numbers.
If you want to purchase this version outright (you don't have version 2.0 of Suspension Analyzer), follow the instructions above except do a "Complete (typical)" installation. You can call to purchase or purchase online at this link: http://www.performancetrends.com/SuspAnzr.htm
4) Cam Test Stand/Cam Analyzer v3.2 Update We're working on our new Cam Analyzer v3.8, for release in the first part of 2008. Our most up-to-date Cam Analyzer v3.2 B.091 is available on our website at this link: http://www.performancetrends.com/download.htm#ca
This latest v3.2 B.091 is a FREE update to anyone who has purchased our Cam Test Stand. It has several bug fixes, several minor added features, and more standard Cam Design Layouts for more types of engines. We encourage you to download this, as it has some bug fixes and enhanced features for working with the Cam Test Stand. Just this last week we had 2 owners of the Cam Test Stand call about problems that the v3.2 B.091 fixes.
Important: After you download and install the demo, you can unlock this latest version yourself. Just be sure to use exactly the same Registered Name when you install this new version and then the same unlock number will unlock the update. You can view your Reg Name by clicking on Reg To: at the top of the main screen on your current version, before you download and install the new version. If you have the Plus version, unlock the standard version first. Then click on File, then Unlock Plus Features and enter your Plus Unlock Code.
We've also got 5 new Demo Movie Files for the Cam Test Stand. Click on Support, then Demo Movie Files (or click here) to jump to our Demo Movie page to watch these movies, and several others about our products. Even if you don't own the program covered by a demo movie, you can still learn a lot about your program by watching movies, because so many of the features work the same in all our programs.
5) Fuel Economy Calculator for $4/gallon Gas With gas at $4.00 or more a gallon, you want to get every Mile out of each Gallon. You may want to check out our Fuel Economy Calculator. It is the only program we know of which lets you try vehicle, driving, and some engine mods to get the best cruising fuel economy. If you have one of our Engine Analyzer v3.2 programs or Engine Analyzer Pro v3.5, it will link up with them so you can see how more detailed engine mods will affect your MPG. Check it out at: http://www.performancetrends.com/fuel_economy_calculator.htm
You can download a demo to try it at this link: http://www.performancetrends.com/download.htm#FuelEconomyCalculatorDemo
6) Last February's Newsletter Here are the topics covered in our previous newsletter. If you would like another copy of February 2008's newsletter for detail on these topics, visit our website at: http://www.performancetrends.com/news.htm#newsletters