Re: Performance Trends Newsletter (updates)
To: Visitors to Performance Trends Website
Subject: Product News/Updates, April 2017
Suspension Analyzer v2.4 B Released
Shock Dyno - Big Force Testing
- Last March's Newsletter
visit our www.performancetrends.com
home page or call 248-473-9230
facebook page and "like" us.
for our full You Tube channel
1) Suspension Analyzer v2.4 B Released Based on your feedback,
we've been working very hard on several new features for the Suspension Analyzer v2.4
Some of the new features include:
- The program has 2 new steering options to simulate Alfa Romeo and solid
axle Jeep suspensions.
- You can now use a panhard bar or a watts link with leaf springs as the Lateral Locator.
- The program has new inputs in Vehicle Specs for front, rear or all wheel
drive (what percent of the power is being delivered through the front drive
tires), inboard or outboard brakes, unsprung weight.
- There are new Calculation Utility "Clc" screens calculating King Pins dimensions for solid axle front suspensions, and bump
springs (including "stacked springs").
- The program now allows you to specify what the opposite end of the car is doing. This lets you apply "pitch" to the car to see what happens to the calculations.
- You can now enter specs for bump springs for the front and/or the rear suspension. (This feature is not available for push or pull rod type suspensions.)
- The program now calculates and displays new outputs, like Bump Spring Force and Dynamic (after dive and roll are applied) Roll Stiffness, Roll Couple, Front and Rear Lateral Load Transfer, and Natural Frequencies. This is very handy to watch what happens once the Bump Springs are encountered with suspension movement.
- There are new inputs for Ride Height. You can then watch Ride Height change when you apply Bump and Roll and the new Pitch input to the suspension. When you do a top view of the suspension, the location where the Ride Height measurements are made are drawn as small boxes. These measurement locations are located in the Vehicle Specs screen, as they always have been.
- You can now include a picture file with the suspension which will be drawn on the main screen if there is room, and included in printouts of reports or graphs as you direct.
- The program now reads some types of Bill Mitchell’s WinGeo (.gem) files, like double a arm and
- The program now remembers some inputs you have entered in the "Clc" calculation utility screens, like for spring rate, roll bar rate, and the new Unsprung Weight, and more. These are saved with the file, so in the future you will know where, say, the roll bar rate came from.
Arrows point out how handling ratings change when front bump springs are
encountered at 2" dive
for the PDF supplement describing just the new v2.4 B's new features.
to read about all the Suspension Analyzer's many features. At the bottom
of this page you can download a 10 day demo, or purchase.
If you own the current basic v2.4 A, this is a
update. If you own v2.4 A Full Vehicle or Full Vehicle w Data
Logger versions, this is a $100 update
charge. If you own basic v2.0 or older, this is a $150 update
charge. If you own v2.0 or older Full Vehicle or Full Vehicle w Data
Logger versions, this is a $250 update
charge. You can not purchase an update on the website, but must contact us
to send us an email if you have questions on updating to v2.4 B from an earlier
2) Shock Dyno - Big Force Testing We often get questions like
"Can a 1.5 HP motor handle the 'high tie down' shocks now used in many
circle track classes?" We recently ran one of these JRI shocks
with close to its max 'tie down' setting with the results shown below. You
will see that it is handling over 1850 lbs at about 6 in/sec. This is a
fully computerized, very rugged, "scotch yoke" shock dyno starting at
the low price of just $4499.
to review all the information on our very affordable Shock Dyno.
2) Last March's Newsletter Here are the topics covered in our
previous newsletter. If you would like another copy of March 2017's
newsletter (or any previous newsletter) for detail on these topics, visit our website at: Performance
New Tools for Quick Cam Checker - Great for Tech Inspectors
Software Tools for the Racing Season
Get Ready for Racing With a Data Logger
FAQ/Blog Posts - Flow Bench Test Pressure - Torque Converter Stall - More
- Last February's Newsletter
Performance Trends reserves the right to discontinue, update, or modify its
product line and pricing at any time.